Blue Ice Cave and Glacier hike in Iceland
COMBO TOUR ICE CAVE & GLACIER HIKE
Season: All year around, daily Duration: 5-6 hours
In this tour, you will hike on the glacier, go into ice tunnels, moulins and visit our Blue Ice Cave. The ice tunnels and moulins are difficult to access and therefore we offer it as a more quiet and personal tour for our participants. We have max 8 persons in each group and the age limit is 16 years old.
This Ice Cave Expedition starts at our base camp in Hali where you will be briefed by your fully certified glacier guide and provided specialized fixed rope equipment and crampons (foot spikes), allowing us to explore the depths of Breiðamerkurjökull, our destination for the day. From Hali, we board our 4×4 super jeep and head onto the glacial outwash plain by following an old farming road called “Þröng”. Here you will begin to see the majestic ice-covered volcano, Öræfajökull as well as Breiðamerkurjökull.
Good to know:
– Woolen socks
– Good waterproof hiking boots, high with good ankle support (can be rented from us)
– Base layer- wool or synthetic (no cotton!)
– Light and comfortable hiking trousers softshell for example (no jeans!)
– Wind and waterproof trousers
– Full sleeve base layer wool or synthetic (no cotton!)
– Thin fleece or similar
– Thick warm fleece, or puffy jacket down or synthetic, or just a nice warm jacket.
– Wind and waterproof jacket.
– Gloves. It´s good to have two pairs.
– Warm hat/beanie that might work under a helmet.
Note: beaine’s with pompom are not recommended since the pompom does not go
under the helmet.
– Buff or balaclava or neck gaiter.
– Backpack 28-40 L, that can room your equipment, camera food and drink for the day
and so on.
– Food for 6 hours tour
– 1-2 sandwiches depending on how much you need.
– 700 ml – 1 L of water or something else you like to drink (non alcoholic).
– Some energy rich and light food like 2-3 chocolate bars or something similar.
Included in package:
All cancellations must be written and received by us 72 hours prior to the tours start. In conformity with business practices within the Icelandic travel industry, Travel Agent is obliged to charge cancellation fees to the passenger(s) as follows:
Prices may change without prior notice. If an incorrect price has been listed, we reserve the right to refuse, cancel or limit any order placed at the incorrect price. *Subject to availability - price is confirmed when payment has been made. Book in advance to get the best price!
Voucher: You will receive a secure voucher to either print out or present on your mobile phone.
Please note that the duration of the tours may vary according to weather and road conditions.